Short Paragraph on Victory Day of Bangladesh in 200 Words
Bangladesh is an independent country that gained independence in 1971 with a brutal war against Pakistan. It was known as East Pakistan at that time and it was a part of mainland Pakistan. Pakistan got independence in 1947 and Bangladesh got independence on 16 December 1971.
On 16 December, the Pakistani army surrendered and that’s why this date is called it victory day of Bangladesh. It is a national holiday. There are only a few celebrations in Bangladesh that comes with so much excitement and celebration. People of every age come to celebrate this day.
After the war of nine-month and sacrificing so many lives, we achieved independence. All of the schools and colleges arrange so many types of competitions. Students participate in debates, dances, music, and sports competitions. Then they arrange a prize-giving ceremony. The teacher shares the glorious story of independence on this day.
People of Bangladesh remember all the martyrs in this day who sacrificed their lives to make this a free country. This country has been achieved after a very hard battle. That’s why Victory Day of Bangladesh is highly important in Bengali life. It has so much importance. Every kid and student should learn about this history of victory day.
Short Paragraph on Victory Day of Bangladesh for All Class Students
The victory day of Bangladesh is on 16 December. In the year of 1971, after a nine-month glorious war, Bangladesh got victory over the Pakistani army. Before that, Bangladesh was a part of Pakistan and named as ‘East Pakistan’. But the ruler ‘West Pakistan’ was doing injustice with the people of Bangladesh.
And gradually the state became unrest against the ruler. And finally, on 26th March 1971, the Pakistani rulers operate a genocide on the people of Bangladesh in Dhaka. And the country goes into war. This war is known as the ‘Liberation War of 1971’. In the entire war, the Pakistani army killed more than 3 million Bengali people.
And as a result, we got an independent and free nation called ‘Bangladesh’. Finally, after the war, the Pakistani army surrendered to the Indian Chief in Dhaka with 93,000 soldiers. It is the biggest day for the entire nation. People of Bangladesh celebrate this day with huge fun and celebration.
It brings happiness to our life. The schools and colleges are the main places to celebrate this. You can see the Bangladeshi flag everywhere in the country on this day. Every kid should know about Victory Day of Bangladesh.
More Short Paragraphs:
- Short Paragraph on Making an Omelette for All
- Short Paragraph on Pass Time or Leisure Period for Kids
- Short Paragraph on Newspaper for Kids and Students
- Short Paragraph on My Grandmother for Kids and Students
- Short Paragraph on Importance of Education for All Students
- Short Paragraph on How to Prevent Diseases for All Students
- Short Paragraph on Dignity of Labour for All Students
- Short Paragraph on How to Observe the Victory Day
- Short Paragraph on How to Make a Plane Journey
- Short Paragraph on How to Make a Phone Call
- Short Paragraph on How to Cook Vegetable
- Short Paragraph on Hilsa or Ilish Fish for School Kids
- Short Paragraph on How to Make a Train Journey
- Short Paragraph on Globalization for School Students
- Short Paragraph on Empowerment of Women for School Kids
- Short Paragraph on Floods in Bangladesh for Students and Children
- Short Paragraph on Flower of Bangladesh for School Students
- Short Paragraph on A Rickshaw Puller for Kids and Students
- Short Paragraph on An Airport for All Students
- Short Paragraph on Cow for Kids and Students