10 Lines on Golden Temple in English for Students
Golden Temple is a religious shrine for the Sikhs in Punjab, India. It is the biggest and most respected religious place in this religion. Here are 10 lines on the golden temple in English for students of all classes. I hope you will be able to learn and understand these lines easily.
1. Golden Temple is also known as Harmandir Sahib or Darbār Sahib. It is a Sikh Gurudwara located in Amritsar, Punjab, India. It is identified as the best shrine in Sikhism.
2. This amazing shrine was completed building in 1589. It has lots of amazing stories behind it. Lots of myth tells that Gautama Buddha came in this place once.
3. The first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak meditated in this site and then Guru Arjan, the fifth Guru started the construction of this temple. He is also the designer of the entire architectural structure.
4. The name of the temple has been because of golden foil covered it. In 1762 the entire temple was destroyed by Muslim rulers. And then a brave Sikh leader rebuilt it. His name was Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
5. Baba Deep Singh is one of the most respected martyrs who left his life in a war against Jahan Khan in 1757. At that time, Amritsar was invaded by this Muslim ruler, Jahan Khan. Deep Singh’s head was separated from the body, while he was fighting with only 5,000 people with him.
6. A special thing about this temple is it is open for people of all religions, castes, and creeds. It is an amazing lesson for the entire world to learn from Sikhism.
7. The entire building is surrounded by a sacred pond that is known by Amrit Sarovar. The devotees bathe in the holy water before their prayer.
8. Here is the largest free kitchen in the world known as ‘The langar Sewa’. Everyone gets free food there. It serves more than 50 thousand meals on a daily basis.
9. All the people working here are free.
10. This temple is one of the best Indian and Mughal architectural examples in the world.
More 10 Lines: